For a $25 fee, our art department can repair most problems with your artwork or uploads. Our designers
can repair most common file problems such as missing bleed, resizing files, rotating artwork, formatting text
for caution zone, typesetting business cards, making changes to press ready PDF, and fix other common
artwork problems. We can also create press ready PDF files from most common software programs.
For assistance with your artwork file, call 877.405.3949. After hours, you can email the art department directly through our contact form - select "Art File Assistance" from the Subject options.
• Art Check: Check file to ensure it will upload and process without any issues
• Bleeds: Add bleeds (extend artwork) if artwork on proof does not extend to the red line
• Caution Zone: Fix text or other elements that extend beyond the green caution line
• Centering: Fix files to center correctly on the electronic proof
• Combine Files: Combine single JPEG, TIFF or PDF files into multi-page PDF for booklet jobs
• Create PDF: Export native files (InDesign, Publisher or Word) into PDF files for upload
• Fonts: Embed fonts in artwork file for proper upload & processing
• Fold Panels: Verify and adjust artwork for correct positioning after folding
• Incompatible Files: Repair files that fail art upload due to incompatibility with our proofing system
• Low Resolution: Replace low resolution images *if* high resolution images are available. It is not possible
to fix low resolution with original files containing low resolution images. Some resolution issues can sometimes
be resolved with Publisher or Word files if original design files can be provided.
• Orientation: Rotate pages to ensure artwork prints with correct orientation
• Separate Files: Split one file containing 2 pages into 2 separate files for proper upload
• Typesetting: We can fix or perform minor type changes
Upload Only – No Charge
Upload customer file 1 time free of charge, whether provided via email, FTP site or disk. Any subsequent repairs
or uploads are subject to a file repair fee.
Design issues not covered by File Repair:
• Moving a graphic or design element
• Layout, extensive typesetting or design services
• Re-sizing a file (i.e. resizing artwork from a postcard for a business card)