How to Maximize Professional 4” x 6” Postcard Printing
Send out seasonal promotions or customized messages to your customers on high-quality postcards. Unlike digital ads or emails that can be ignored, custom 4” x 6” postcards stand out amid a stack of bills and make the recipient feel extra special. To create a design that distinguishes itself, keep these tips in mind.
1. Opt for the tried-and-tested standard.
Mailed postcards continue to be the most personalized method of disseminating important announcements, promotions, and greetings to customers within a specific area. Create standard 4” x 6” postcards that will qualify for affordable First-Class mailing. You won’t have any problems widening your reach, while ensuring the right demographic receives your message. 2. Establish the right impression with the weight of your postcard.
After taking a second look at your design, your customer will continue making her impression based on the weight and feel of the 4” x 6” postcard. Your cardstock choice will influence how they assess your company:
3. Choose between glamor or elegance from the protective coating options.
- Seasonal or temporary messages are best printed on lightweight but durable 10 pt. cardstock.
- For a professional but less daunting appearance, the 14 pt. cardstock offers a heavier rigidity compared to the 10 pt. It’s also resistant to folds and creases.
- The thicker and more durable 16 pt. cardstock offers the most luxurious feel among the options available. The extra heft shows that you’re willing to invest in marketing materials sent out to every customer.
- Our most elegant choice is the 17 pt. cardstock, which can be written on in case you want to fill in any details for a more personalized approach. Perfect for greetings or birthday postcards with artwork.
The coating you choose will elevate or emphasize the message you want to convey in your custom 4”x 6” postcard printing:
4. Send out your message in the mail.
- Gloss gives each side that extra glimmer and makes every color appear brighter. Ideal for colorful designs that need to appear as festive as possible.
- Matte is perfect for subtle 4” x 6” postcard printing that has multiple lines of text. Colors appear easier on the eyes as the coating eliminates glare from reflected light.
- High-gloss UV comes with an added shine compared to the gloss coating. It has a high-reflective shine that also makes hues pop, even from afar.
Your 4” x 6” postcards qualify for First-Class mail. This is an affordable and easy way to ensure your message reaches the right demographic.
On our customizable mailing service, you can indicate the following in your delivery:
- The number of pieces to be mailed
- The type of postage
- Duplicate removal and recipient moving options
- Mailing date
Look no further than PrintPlace to ensure every aspect of your standard 4” x 6” postcard printing
is executed exactly as you specified. Our print experts are also available for any questions you may have about the process. Start creating personalized 4” x 6” postcards order today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I create a design online?
A: Yes, you can create a design using our online design tool. Select Design Online on our online calculator, and it will take you to the tool where you can design both sides of the 4” x 6” postcard.
Q: Do you offer templates I can download in the 4" x 6" postcard size?
A: Yes. Go to the Layout Templates tab of the product page, then select Download Layout Templates to expand and show the available files for download. You can download templates in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign or Microsoft Publisher format. JPG format is also available.
Q: Which cardstock choice lets me write on the back of the 4" x 6" postcards?
A: Select the 14 pt. cardstock uncoated back for one writable surface. Alternatively, you can also choose the 14 pt. cardstock uncoated or the 17 pt. cardstock so that both sides can be written on.
Q: What do I get with the mailing service of the 4”x 6” postcards?
A: PrintPlace delivers your 4” x 6” postcards to the addresses indicated in your mailing list. After selecting your specifications, check the Mailing Services option on the online calculator. Then, select Configure Your Mailing Service to customize how the postcards will be delivered.
Q: Is there a mailing list template I can use before uploading it in the mailing services order?
A: Yes. After selecting Configure Your Mailing Service, there is a link to Mailing List template for download. You can find this under the Mailing List Upload section.
Q: How do I add a custom trim or perforation on my postcard design?
A: You can add a custom trim or perforation on your postcard under the Advanced Options section of the online calculator. Note that postcards with perforations or trims cannot be mailed with our mailing services.