Backdrops are an easy yet enriching way to give a professional look to your convention stands, photo booths, store window displays, and public events. They can also be used for stage productions and political campaigns as well. We offer a range of backdrop options to fit all those needs and more.
Backdrops can be ordered with a stand, or on their own if you need an updated display. Create them in a selection of sizes as large as 20' x 8' You may also print backdrops on both sides for better visibility when you’re using them as part of a window display.
Print in the Best Material for Your Background
Choose from three sturdy materials that will fit your print needs and budget.
- 13 oz. vinyl has an elegant matte finish that is still readable in bright sunshine. It can last between 3 to 5 years outdoors and withstand low temperatures.
- 18 oz. matte vinyl is the sturdiest option for your backdrop as it can last up to 5 years outdoors. It’s tear-resistant and fungus-resistant, plus it can also withstand low temperatures and strong winds.
- 13 oz. poly film is suitable for lightweight backdrops or as a canvas for professional photography applications.
Prefer to hang the backdrop on a wall? You can also add pole pockets or grommets to the display.
The backdrop stand comes shipped in its own bag for easy storage, but because of the variety of sizes, the backdrop itself does not include a storage bag.
How to Choose the Best Size for Your Artwork
The backdrop size will depend on several factors: the artwork details, the size of your studio or booth, and how much coverage it will provide for the models. Below are the sizes available and their recommended uses:
- 5 ft. by 8 ft. is recommended for a studio that does headshots and ¾ sized portraits. The smaller width fits limited spaces without compromising the full background for these shots. It also works for smaller-spaced booths at big events.
- 8 ft. x 8 ft. has an even width and height suited for booths or studios with limited space but accommodate photoshoots for medium-sized groups. This can fit up to four individuals.
- 10 ft. x 8 ft. is a medium-sized backdrop fit for two to four individuals in one shot.
- 12 ft. x 8 ft. extends the height for backdrops that have more details. Can fit between four to six individuals in terms of width.
- 20 ft. x 8 ft. is the largest size available. Perfect for big events like conferences or weddings.
Contact our print experts to learn more about your custom backdrop printing options. Start printing custom backdrops and have them ready to ship in as soon as 1 business day.
Can I order the backdrop without a stand?
Yes, select “Without Stand” to fulfill a backdrop display only order. This option lets you choose between pole pockets and grommets instead of a stand as the mounting application.
How do I turn a photo into a backdrop?
- Make sure the photo is the same size as the backdrop. Do not stretch the photo to fit the length or width if it is smaller than the display size.
- Use the online design tool to add the photo on the blank canvas. There are also layout templates you can download and open to add the image using your preferred editing program. The image should be at least 300 dpi.
Can I review the artwork before it is printed?
Yes, after uploading your file select “I need a PDF proof” under the proofing option. This lets you download the PDF file from the Shopping Cart after upload. Note that you need to approve the file for us to proceed with printing.
How soon can I receive my backdrops?
Select “Get Shipping Estimate” at the bottom of your online calculator to find out how soon you can receive the backdrops. Input your ZIP code and several arrival dates will appear.