- Sizes available include 4”x6” and 5”x7”
- Available in matte, gloss, or high gloss
- Sturdy cardstock from 14, 16, to 17 pt.
Every Door Direct Mail®
- USPS EDDM®-approved sizes
- EDDM® targets demographics
- Printed on writable cardstock
- More space for images & information
- Seal with tabbing options for mailing
- 10 pt. & 14 pt. cardstocks
Postcards by Specialty Paper Finishes
- Add a silver or gold shine
- Choose from 7 sizes
- Sturdy 16 pt. cardstock
Raised Spot UV Postcards
- Print on durable 16 pt. cardstock
- 2 standard sizes: 4” x 6” and 5” x 7”
- Soft-touch velvet lamination
Spot UV Postcards
- Message shines on a shiny, elevated print
- Printed on high-quality 16 pt. cardstock
- Gloss & matte coatings included
- Has the smooth, luxurious feel of its name
- Water and tear-resistant material
Postcards by Industry
Stand Out with Professional Postcard Printing
Print Postcards That Speak to Your Audience
Choose a Suitable Printing Feature
You’re free to keep it simple with matte or gloss, go extra elegant in a silk or velvet surface, or highlight a message with spot UV. Find what suits your brand or what appeals to your customers.
Find the Best Mailable Size
Target a wider reach for your new product or store opening! Our standard postcards come in First Class mailing, Standard Letter, and First Class Letter sizes for mass distribution.
Include Mailing Services in Your Order
Be efficient when you buy postcards online. Add mailing services to your order so we’ll take care of processing your mailing list and delivering the set to USPS.
Try Our Easy and Convenient Mailing Services to Send Your Postcards
Directly to Customers
Upload your postcard design and have our Every Door Direct Mail service deliver postcards at low postage costs. Indicate a ZIP code and customers in that area will receive your message.
How to Create Your Personalized Postcards
Once you have completed the postcard design,turnaround time can be as fast as one business day for most orders. Note that turnaround time refers to the number of printing days. It does not include shipping transit time or direct mail processing time.
Ensure an Accurate Design With Print-Ready Layout Templates
Postcard Printing Tips and Tricks
Find out how you can build a smart strategy for your postcards and execute it accordingly:
The Ultimate Guide to
Creating a Postcard Marketing Campaign
Discover the best ways to build an effective campaign for your postcards.
5 Effective Postcard
Create an impactful message on your postcards using these practical writing tips.
A Guide to Standard Postcard Sizes
Check out the best sizes for sending out postcards in the mail.
Postcards Frequently Asked Questions
What additional features come with a postcard printing order?
Our postcards come with add-ons like rounded corners for smoother edges, perforation for special discounts or coupons, and a smaller trim size to tailor the design’s overall look.
What cardstocks are available when I order postcards online?
Below are the common choices available for printing postcards:
- 10 pt. cardstock is the lightest and most affordable option. Recommended if you don’t mind customers folding the postcard.
- 14 pt. cardstock is an affordable, lightweight material that’s easy to carry for those on the go. An uncoated, writable side is also available for this material.
- The 16 pt. cardstock is highly recommended for those after a heftier weight and feel to their design.
- The 17 pt. cardstock is the thickest option for postcards. It offers an elegant, writable texture normally seen on wedding invitations.
Can I print on both sides of the postcards? Which side is writable?
Yes, we offer printing on both sides of the postcards. If you need both sides to be writable, select the 14 pt. cardstock uncoated as your paper type. Designs with a colorful front can select the 14 pt. cardstock uncoated back for one writable side.
The 17 pt. cardstock is also available if you want a slightly thicker cardstock and writability on both sides.
What postcard sizes are available?
We offer the standard 4" x 6" and 5" x 7" postcards. The former classifies for First-Class mail, while the latter can be mailed in the Standard Letter and First-Class Letter rate. We also offer larger sizes such as the 6" x 9" and 6" x 11" for postcard printing.
How do I print and mail 4" x 6" postcards?
The following instructions are applicable to custom postcards:
- Select the 4" x 6" size on our online calculator.
- Expand "Advanced Options" at the bottom of the online calculator.
- Check the Mailing Services box. Note: Adding a custom trim will make this service unavailable. Mailing services are available for standard postcard designs.
How soon can I receive my ordered postcards?
Select your preferred turnaround time or the number of days to produce the order. This will determine how long it will take to print your postcards.
After proceeding to checkout, you will select from several transit times as your shipping method choices. You pay less for 2 to 3 days transit but you can also select a one-day transit for a higher price.
Can I have my own design printed?
Yes, you can upload your artwork for us to print. You can upload a file directly from your computer or from your Dropbox folder. PDF is the ideal file format for sending, but we also accept JPEG, JPG, TIF, TIFF, and EPS.
How much does it cost to make postcards?
You can print as few as 12¢ for 1,000 5” x 7” postcards and 8¢ for 1,000 of the 4” x 6” size. The higher your order quantity, the less you spend per postcard.
Note that the unit price will also depend on your preferred size and paper type. Advanced options such as perforating, rounded corners, and mailing services will add to your total spend.
Is the back of the postcard writable?
You can write best on an uncoated paper stock. You can print a writable postcard on 14 pt. cardstock uncoated or the 17 pt. cardstock uncoated. Both choices come with a smooth, writable surface on both sides.
There is also a 14 pt. cardstock uncoated back paper type if you want the front side to be in matte, gloss, or high gloss UV.
Do you have templates available for download?
Yes, you can download templates in each of our postcard product pages. Go to the Layout Templates tab and select the file that you can open in your desired editing program:
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Publisher
Will I be sent a proof of my postcard design before printing?
After uploading or designing your postcard artwork, you’ll be asked whether you need a PDF proof under Proofing Options.
- Select “I need a PDF proof” if you want to check your file before we proceed to production.
- The PDF proof file of your postcard will be available for download from the Shopping Cart after upload or from My Account after checkout.
- You need to approve the proof on My Account so it can proceed to printing.
Note that production time starts after you’ve approved the PDF proof.
If you select “I don’t need a proof”, we’ll do a standard file check and notify you if there are any technical problems with the file. If no problems are found, the artwork will go directly to print.
Why Customers Choose PrintPlace
I ordered two different sized postcards with a custom design for a bar mitzvah ceremony and party invite. Amazing quality. Great price. Received about 12 days after ordering.
Why Customers Choose PrintPlace
For my first mailer, I needed assistance to make sure everything went well. PrintPlace was extremely helpful and patient with me.
Why Customers Choose PrintPlace
I’ve used PrintPlace for many years. Always great work and never had a single issue. Only printing company I use.