Display posters that will capture everyone’s attention in public waiting areas, community boards, and high-traffic locations. Promote your store’s new hours, branch locations, or seasonal sales and discounts. Print standard paper or cardstock posters for easy display on a board or create large-format posters that can be seen from a distance. You can also customize mounted posters to place on an easel or a wall near your establishments. All these cheap poster printing options are easy to select and order online.
Besides deciding on how you will want to display them, you can also narrow down the poster type based on the specs available per type:
- Standard posters are made of light but sturdy paper or cardstock options. Perfect for printing in bulk and distributing to different locations for display.
- Large format posters come in semi-gloss photo paper or 20 mil. styrene. Both materials allow for detailed high-resolution printing, while the styrene is waterproof and recommended for temporary outdoor displays.
- Mounted posters are made of a sturdy white PVC board that you can place on an easel or hang on a wall. Suitable for large outdoor displays as it can withstand different conditions.
The PrintPlace Advantage
Print experts to walk you through every step.
Is this your first poster printing order or do you need more information to finalize your order? Our print experts will gladly answer all your queries and help you through the process. Just give us a call anytime between 7 am to 8 pm CST on Mondays to Friday at 877-405-3949.
Fast, easy upload or online creation of your posters.
Upload your poster file online or create one from scratch using our design tool. The online design tool lets you do everything straight from your browser, based on the specs indicated on your online calculator.
A thorough review of your custom poster file.
All files are reviewed thoroughly before they’re turned over for printing. Your posters are given a standard file check. If our experts find any technical problems, you will be informed of the changes that need to be made.
You can also select “I need a PDF proof” so you can review the file online and ensure every detail is accurate before printing. The file will only go to production after your approval.
Fast printing turnaround.
Same day printing is available for standard posters, while large format posters can be produced in one (1) business day. Mounted posters take about two (2) business days to print.
To qualify for a same day printing order, the custom poster file must be approved and sent to press by noon CST
. This ensures your order can be shipped on the same day or will be ready for pickup 9 am the day after the designated ship date.
Poster Printing FAQs
Q: What are the standard sizes for a poster?
These three sizes are the standard dimensions for a poster:
Q: What is the best material for printing posters?
- 11” x 17” is the ideal size for small, compact posters placed on community boards and other similar spaces.
- 18” x 24” is the medium size among the options available. It is normally used for the announcement of new products, store branches, and other major promotions.
- 24” x 36” is normally seen in outdoor venues such as bus stops, train stations, and other public areas. It’s large enough to call anyone’s attention even from a distance.
The material will depend on the poster type you’re ordering:
Q: Can I upload a design or create a poster artwork online?
- Standard posters come in sturdy 14 pt. or 16 pt. cardstock for added rigidity and durability.
- Mounted posters come by default in lightweight yet rigid white PVC board.
- Large format posters with a high-resolution image print best on semi-gloss photo paper. It also comes in 20 mil. styrene if you need waterproof material. Recommended for those who need to print large posters.
Yes, you can upload a print-ready file in PDF format or use the online design tool to get started.
To use the online design tool, input your specs on the online calculator and then select “Design Online” at the bottom. You’ll be taken to a blank canvas in your chosen size and shape, where you can add images, input text, and edit the design accordingly.
Q: How soon can I receive my posters order?
Your poster’s arrival will depend on the selected production time and your ZIP code. To find out your order’s shipping estimate, select “Get Shipping Estimate” below the online calculator. From there you can input your ZIP code and get the estimated arrival dates based on this. The arrival dates include the time and transit periods.
Q: Can I review my file before it proceeds to printing?
Yes, you can select “I need a PDF proof” under “Proofing Options” on the file upload page that loads after completing the online calculator. You can download the proof for your approval online. Note that we will only print the file once we have received your approval.
Free Downloadable Print Templates
Our print geeks have put together these free, ready-to-print templates you can use for your business. You can add your logo, change the text, and we’ll get it printed and on its way to you.
For more ready-to-print designs, visit our Print Templates page