If you need labels
on items that require moisture-protection and durability, our waterproof labels fit the bill. Our custom waterproof labels are printed on vinyl or BOPP material. Both are built to withstand the rigors of immersion in water or high humidity. You may also choose the color, shape, and texture of your label.
How to Choose the Best Material for Your Custom Waterproof Labels Printing
The cut-to-size label is printed on white vinyl sticker
by default. Select this option if you need:
- A vibrant high-gloss finish to brighten your design
- UV-resistant protection that will prevent fading
- A writable surface for additional product information. Use a permanent ink market to write on this material.
or polypropylene film is commonly used on food and beverage items such as juice bottles and sauce jars. It is also used on bath products like shampoo and body wash. This waterproof material is available for roll labels. Here are the advantages of using BOPP:
- Comes in three colors suitable for any design: silver metallic, clear, and white. The clear or transparent variation is ideal for bottles or plastic for a seamless blend with the container. The metallic and white complement the color of your bottle or package.
- Offers exceptional resistance to fatigue compared to other types of label materials. Highly recommended for products that are to be handled and transferred in varying environments and weather conditions.Waterproof; oil and chemical resistant
- Perfect for items that need to be chilled or stored in a refrigerator
How to Create Your Waterproof Label on PrintPlace
Select the correct size and shape for your label
. Make sure it matches the size of your container and can contain all the required information for that type of product.
Keep these important design tips in mind:
Choose a quantity suitable to the label type
- The text should be legible. Larger elements like the company and product name should be readable from a distance, while lengthier text such as the list of ingredients and preparation should have a font size of at least 10 pts. or up.
- Use a font color that contrasts the background color. Otherwise your customer may not be able to read the information very well.
- Play with typography. This design method is used to show the relationship of the typeface with the information it disseminates. Choose fonts that best reflect your brand and product so that customers get the right impression of your item.
- Maximize white space or the background color of the label design. This will help improve the flow of the information provided on your waterproof product label.
. Roll labels are commonly ordered in bulk (above 250 pieces), while cut-to-size is ordered in quantities below 250 since these are usually applied by hand.
Add protective coating that complements your design
. Print in a vibrant gloss or high-gloss finish that shines under a light. Or apply an elegant matte so all the important information is readable.
Get in touch with any of our print experts
. Have any questions about creating and printing waterproof labels? Contact our print experts and they’ll gladly answer your questions. You can contact them at 877-405-3849 or send a message via chat.
Waterproof Labels FAQs
Q: What is the difference between cut-to-size and roll labels?
Waterproof roll labels are printed in BOPP or vinyl. These are normally applied using a label gun for large order quantities. Perfect for bulk items that will be delivered to hundreds of customers.
Cut-to-size labels are normally applied by hand for small order quantities. Suitable for products you will prepare personally and require minimal labor before delivery.
Q: What is the minimum quantity to order waterproof labels?
You may order a minimum quantity of 25 cut-to-size labels and at least 250 pieces of roll labels. Note that the larger your order quantity, the less you spend on each label. For example, 25 cut-to-size labels cost 60¢ each, while 250 pieces cost only 12¢ each.
Q: What is the fastest turnaround time for my order?
You can print cut-to-size labels in 1 business day and roll labels in 2 business days. For the 1-day printing turnaround, the job must be approved and sent to us before midnight CST
so that it can ship on the following business day. Check out the Printing Turnaround Times
page for more information.
Q: Can I get a proof of my waterproof labels before they are printed?
Yes. You will see this option on the “Upload Your Design” page. To get a free PDF proof of your design, select “I need a PDF proof” under “Proofing Options”.
Q: Can I print in a size and shape that isn’t on the online calculator?
Yes, you can select “Custom Size” under roll labels. You’ll be provided a longer list of widths and heights to choose from to match the exact size and shape of your design.