- ✔ Best Sellers
- ★ New Products
- ⚙ Custom Printing
- ⚙ Custom Boxes
- Aluminum Signs
- Bottleneck Hang Tags
- Bumper Stickers
- Business Cards
- Campaign Stickers
- Car Magnets
- Carbonless Forms
- Door Hangers
- Every Door Direct Mail
- Feather Flags
- Flat Pouches
- Floor Graphics
- Greeting Cards
- Hang Tags
- Large Format Posters
- Mounted Posters
- Name Tags
- Packaging Sleeves
- Packaging Tape
- Pop-Up Displays
- Poster Signs
- Rack Cards
- Retractable Banners
- Rolled Canvas
- Rotate Flash Drive 4GB
- Sales Sheets
- Save The Date Cards
- Spot UV Header Cards
- Stand Up Pouches
- Step And Repeat Banners
- Stretched Canvas
- Table Cloths
- Table Tents
-     Spot UV Table Tents
- Voting Stickers
- Wall Decals
- Window Clings
- Wrapping Paper
- Yard Signs
When would you like to upload artwork?
A Creative and Fun Way to Market Your Business
Welcome new customers or win back old ones with postcards that pop with personality.
Spot UV postcards feature a high-gloss coating that’s applied to selected areas of your artwork.
They are best used for highlighting a message, adding a background texture, or making your artwork stand out.
The result is an attention-grabbing and tactile design that customers love.
UV postcard printing is ideal for sending:
- Holiday cards
- Discounts and promotions
Whether you’re announcing the opening of your company or thanking customers for their loyalty, Spot UV postcards will surely make your business stand out from the crowd.
Great First Impression, Long-Lasting Design
The postcards are printed on high-quality 16 pt. UV-coated cardstock, which is sturdy and perfect for mailing purposes.
The thick cardstock does not easily bend or crease. It maintains its shape and stands strong among the less durable postcards of your competition.
This gives your business an image of superiority and leaves your artwork untouched for your customers to see.
The cardstock is glossy on both sides to bring out the vibrant colors from your artwork.
High-Impact Marketing for Your Business
Spot UV postcards are available in two coatings: glossy and matte.
The glossy coating provides a high-shine finish that appears almost wet when used on dark colors. The matte coating has no glare and is perfect for postcards with understated color palettes.
Both coatings are abrasion-resistant, which is great when handing out the postcards in person or sending them through mail.
Spot UV postcards are available in the following sizes:
- 4" x 6"
- 4.25" x 6"
- 4" x 9"
- 5" x 7"
- 6" x 9"
- 6" x 11”
- 8.5" x 5.5"
Q & A
Is Spot Varnish the same as Spot UV?
Yes, Spot UV is also known as Spot Gloss, Selective Varnish, and Spot Varnish. Although the names are different, the process is still the same.
Can I use Spot UV on white stocks?
Yes, although the effect will be subtler than on a dark-colored background.
Can we print QR codes on the postcards?
Yes, we can print QR codes on the postcards to help you drive more sales.
Is it possible to have the Spot UV on both sides of the postcard?
Absolutely. The placement of the UV coating depends on you. We can put it on the front only or on both front and back.
Can I write on the postcards using a ballpoint pen?
A ballpoint pen should work just fine even if the postcard is treated with Spot UV. However, you may not get the same result with other types of pens.
What’s the most cost-effective option for mailing postcards?
The 4” x 6” postcard printing is a cost-effective option for promoting your business. The small size allows you to send them out without spending a lot.
Not what you're looking for? Check out all postcard products.
Spot UV Printing File Requirements
Keep in mind the following file requirements below as you create a design using our downloadable templates:
- The font size should be a minimum of 7 or 8 points. Avoid printing small text or fine lines in spot uv.
- Border and stroke must be more than 1.5 points.
- Images and artwork should be at least 300 DPI.
- All files should be in CMYK color mode.
- Make sure there is a 1/8" (0.125") bleed around the trim size.
- The safe zone should be 1/8" (0.125") inside the trim line.
How to Prepare Your Artwork for Spot UV Printing
- Create two layers that differentiate the areas printed in regular ink from the elements with spot UV printing.
- The regular CMYK layer shows which areas are printed in ink. The elements should show their actual colors and sizes on print.
- The spot uv printing layer only shows the elements that will appear in spot UV. The element(s) that will be printed in spot UV should have the same location as seen on the CMYK layer. Apply 100% K on the spot UV area and place the rest of the design in white.
The images below show the difference between the two layers:
- Alignment is crucial to the file preparation process. The CMYK and spot UV printing layers should both have the same size. Common elements must be in the same position on both layers.
Spot UV Postcard Templates
Our layout templates will show you how to format your artwork. This ensures your postcards print correctly. Follow the steps below to prepare your product for spot uv printing:
- Create two layers on your file.
- The first layer shows the design in regular CMYK color.
- The second layer shows which areas will be printed in spot uv. Color all portions for spot uv printing in 100% K. All other sections that will be printed in regular CMYK should be colored white.