Food Packaging Labels
- Print in individual cut-to-size or roll formats
- Comes in waterproof vinyl or BOPP
- Standard shapes & custom sizes available
- Protective gloss, matte, or high gloss laminate
Personalize Your Food Packaging Labels
Choose and customize the best label for your latest product line.
Customize Professional Food Packaging Labels for Your BusinessCreate branded food packaging labels that will stand out on its own and against the competition. Remind loyal customers why they choose your item with high-quality design that shines and shows your reliability. Introduce yourself to a new market with elegant, readable food labels that provide the information needed to make a purchase. Choose the best standard shape or custom size for your design. Labels come in individual cut-to-size or rolls, suited for manual or automatic application respectively. Read on to find out how else you can design and produce food labels made specifically for your company.
Step-by-Step Guide to High-Quality Custom Food LabelsNo need for a design background or deep technical know-how to print custom labels. PrintPlace makes it easy with the following options:
1. Choose the label suited for your product.
Food, bottle, water bottle, and waterproof labels are recommended for items that will be refrigerated or chilled.
If you have a specific size and shape in mind, custom labels are recommended for this need. Product labels work best for a more diverse set of items in other industries such as beauty, healthcare, or fashion.
2. Select a format suited to your application method and quantity.
- Cut-to-size labels are individual pieces that are best applied by hand. These are preferred for orders under 250 pieces.
- Roll labels are ordered in large quantities of hundreds to thousands. Each roll fits in a label dispenser for faster application on a large set of items that need to ship out immediately.
3. Print on a material that will weather the elements.
A variety of permanent adhesive materials are available for your food labels. Cut-to size comes in indoor-friendly white paper sticker or waterproof white vinyl.
Roll labels come in a wider range of materials that suit beverages and other chilled items:
- White premium sticker paper is ideal for indoor application on any product that won’t be exposed to water or any form of moisture.
- BOPP is a sturdy sticker material built for beverages, food, and other containers that are stored in a refrigerator. It is oil-resistant and waterproof.
- Textured materials are waterproof for a prolonged period of 4 hours. The elegant finish is normally seen on wine bottles and other gourmet items.
4. Upload a design or download a template to open in your preferred program.
Upload your print-ready design on our site or open a template in your preferred format. Files in PUB, AI, PSD, JPEG, and PDF are available in the sizes listed on the online calculator. Choose the size you need and download the folder to open your selected format.
A design tool is also available online for you to create the design from scratch. Select “Design Online” at the bottom of the online calculator to open the tool. A blank canvas in the specs you choose will appear.
5. Review and approve the PDF proof before it goes to production.
If you choose to upload the file, you can also preview and approve it before it’s printed. Under “Proofing Options” after selecting “Upload Now” on the calculator, click “I need a PDF proof.” Note that production will only happen when you’ve approved it online.
Custom Food Labels FAQsQ: What information is required on food labels?
A: Below is the list of information that needs to be on every food label:
- The food’s name or the statement of identity
- Amount of the product or the net quantity of the item
- Ingredients list
- Nutrition facts label
- Manufacturer’s or distributor’s name and address
- Food allergen label or declaration
Q: What are the required food label components?
A: The nutrition label section needs to have the following information:
- Serving sizes
- Servings per package
- Total fat
- Saturated fat
- Trans fat
- Total carbohydrates
- Dietary fiber
- Minerals, potassium, and vitamin D
Q: How will I list ingredients on food labels?
A: Listed ingredients are arranged in descending order. For example, if they’re arranged by weight, the heaviest component will come first and the one with the smallest weight is listed last. Make sure to indicate all ingredients in their common or usual name.
Q: What is the first thing customers look for on a food label?
A: The first thing customers look for is the name of your food product. Make sure it is readable and visible in the front section.
Q: How soon can I receive my custom food labels?
A: Your food labels will be sent out for shipping after the selected production time. To find out the estimated arrival of your custom labels, go to “Get Shipping Estimate” at the bottom of the online calculator. You’ll be asked to input your ZIP code and several dates will appear based on this.
Pickup options are available for addresses in Arlington, Texas. This option is free.
Check out this page for more information on production time and shipping dates.
Print Custom Labels with These Templates
Design labels using our available templates. Here are a few tips on using them properly:
- Use the cut, bleed, and safe area on the template to ensure an accurate print.
- Choose a format in your preferred program.
- Make sure the images are 300 dpi and the color is in CMYK.
For more ready-to-print designs, visit our Print Templates page.
Browse by Category
Start Live Chat
Call M-F (7AM-8PM CT)