Need to promote your next big event with high-quality posters? PrintPlace is home to a poster maker where you can customize the size, paper, and coating of your design. All designs are printed on durable cardstock and other sturdy materials that last outdoors.
Here’s how you can maximize our online poster maker for your marketing needs.
Narrow down the best poster type for your campaign.
Standard posters are for promotions displayed across different locations. You can order up to 100,000 posters and spend less on each unit price for large orders.
Large format posters suit high-resolution images and designs that need every detail clear when viewed from afar. These are normally seen in exhibits or public areas such as bus stops.
Mounted posters are used to decorate offices, displayed in events like conventions or placed outside a store to draw attention.
Choose a size that stands out on display.
The size depends on where your poster will be displayed. Smaller sizes work for posters made of paper or cardstock. A letter-sized poster or a slightly larger size in 11”x 17” stands out on a community board.
Large format posters are ordered in these popular sizes:
- 24” x 36”
- 18” x 24”
- 16” x 20”
Mounted posters come in these standard sizes.
- 20” x 16”
- 24” x 18”
- 30” x 20”
- 28” x 22”
- 36” x 24”
Alternatively, you can select custom size
for mounted posters to indicate dimensions not listed on the calculator.
Select a paper type that will keep your poster’s design good as new.
Large format posters
can be printed on any of these materials:
- Semi-gloss photo paper showcases your photograph or design in high-resolution. Colors come out bold and bright.
- 20 mil. styrene is a durable plastic you can roll for storage. Its waterproof nature lets you display it temporarily outdoors.
are printed on the following paper and cardstock:
Choose a coating that complements the colors and purpose of your poster’s look.
- 100 lb. paper is sturdier than magazine paper.
- 10 pt. cardstock is a light and durable cardstock.
- 14 pt. cardstock is a sturdier stock that doesn’t easily fold or bend. It comes with an uncoated back side.
- 16 pt. cardstock is slightly thicker and heavier than the 14 pt. cardstock. Its extra weight protects it from creases and folds.
is easy on the eyes, showcasing your colors and central image in soft tones.
High gloss UV
has the highest and most vibrant shine. Perfect for large scale images and bright, highly visual poster designs.
coating has a reflective shine that makes every color pop. Perfect for small to large sized posters that need to stand out.
Use our online poster maker to create artwork in an hour.
Need to create a poster design on the spot from the comfort of your personal laptop? In the online calculator, select Design Online
and you’ll be taken to our intuitive design tool. Here you can create poster artwork in the indicated size and preferred orientation. Adding text, images, colors, and other elements can be done from a simple menu.
Discuss your options with any of our professional printing experts.
Have specific questions about our printing process? Contact our printing professionals and they’ll gladly answer all your questions.
Custom Poster Maker FAQs
Q: Can I download templates to use with my preferred design software?
Yes. Here’s how to download templates to your computer:
1. Go to the Layout Templates tab and select your preferred size.
2. A ZIP file will be downloaded to your computer.
3. The file contains templates for the following programs:
Q: What is the fastest printing time for posters?
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Publisher
Large format posters can be printed in 1 business day.
Two business days is the shortest printing time for mounted posters.
Standard posters in bulk orders can be printed on the same day.
Q: Do I save more with a bulk poster order?
Yes, you can save more with a bulk poster order. A 250 standard poster order costs about 47¢ each, but 2,500 of the same type only costs 8¢ per poster.
Q: What is the best material for posters displayed outdoors?
The white PVC board
of mounted posters is recommended for outdoor displays. Its 1/8” thickness and waterproof features protect your design.
Q: What is the best format for printing posters?
The PDF format is the most ideal for printing. You can also upload other formats such as JPG, TIF, and EPS.
Q: How can I ensure my poster file is print ready?
The checklist below ensures you send a file that is print ready:
- All images should have a resolution of 300 DPI.
- Make sure the color mode is in CMYK and not in RGB.
- The bleed must be in ¼“ larger than the size ordered.
- Caution zone should be at least 1/8” from the trim line or ¼“ from the edge of the document.
- The borders in your file should be at least ¼” from the bleed line.