Personalized car stickers attract a lot of attention. They entice passersby as they walk by your parked car. They also gather views from other drivers and passengers on the road. Here are some of the most popular types of car window stickers:
Funny Stickers. Funny, quirky or clever car stickers usually consist of funny punchlines and witty one-liners. Some are classified as bumper stickers while others are car window stickers. Some examples include: Yes this is my truck. No, I won’t help you move., Adults on board. We want to live too., Signal please. I can’t read minds., and My driving scares me too.
Business Car Stickers. Two reasons drivers customize car stickers are to maximize brand exposure and increase sales for their business. Most car owners choose magnets instead of stickers to avoid damaging the paint. Car magnets are also bigger than stickers and may feature the business’ name, logo, website, and phone number.
Sports Team Stickers. Basketball, baseball, and other sports fans show their support by adding team logos on their vehicles.
Religious Stickers. Car stickers that display Christian faith and religious sayings are also popular among drivers. Examples might include Faith can move mountains, With God, all things are possible, and Jesus loves you.
Family Car Decals. These fun car window stickers represent the whole family: mom, dad, boy, girl, baby—even pets. Family car decals might also represent a famous cartoon or movie characters like Batman, Star Wars, or The Simpsons.
How To Make Your Own Car Decals
To create your own car decals, you will need the following:
- Sticker Design
- Cutting Board
- Vinyl paper
- Over-laminate sheet
- Craft Knife
Then follow these steps:
- Create your design on any designing software or app.
- Paste the design into a new document. You can also copy and paste the design for multiple stickers. Just be sure the design does not go over the page margins. This ensures every part of the design is printed.
- You can confirm everything fits inside the margins using the print preview button.
- Place an 8” x 11” vinyl paper on an inkjet printer and print. Make sure that the computer is set to inkjet printing option.
- Starting at the top, peel away the backing of the over-laminate sheet and press it onto the vinyl paper. Slowly peel away the rest of the over-laminate sheet and keep pressing onto the vinyl paper until the entire vinyl paper is laminated.
- Cut out the laminated stickers from the vinyl paper. You can make straighter and more precise cuts using a craft knife.
- Peel off the vinyl backing of the laminated sticker and place your car decal on a clean, dry, and flat surface.
Custom car stickers fun and easy, once you know how to create them. For those who want a no-fuss way of getting stickers that will last, simply shop for car stickers online
PrintPlace offers professional printing services to guide you through the printing process from start to finish. We have the combined technology of digital and offset printing to ensure you get the high-quality, high-resolution, full-color materials you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can car stickers survive rain and bad weather?A:
This depends on the materials used for your car sticker. For DIY car decals at home, longevity and durability may not be as durable as professionally printed car stickers.
Paper or cardstock-based stickers are not waterproof and, although they may have protective coatings, may still degrade in inclement weather.
Similarly, stickers that use adhesives, water-soluble inks, and pigments that are not waterproof may easily disintegrate after being subject to pressure.
To ensure your car sticker is waterproof, you should use vinyl and BOPP (bi-axially oriented polypropylene) paper stocks. This should be used together with waterproof inks for more lasting quality.Q: I need help with my car stickers. Who can I ask for help? A:
If you’re having a hard time creating or uploading the design for your car stickers, get help from the PrintPlace team. Chat with them
or call 877-405-3949.Q: What other printing services do you offer? A:
PrintPlace provides professional printing services for Bottleneck HangTags
, Pop-Up Displays
, Save The Date Cards
, Table Cloths
, Table Tents
, and more. Check out our bestsellers