Turn Up the Wow on Your Special Day With Foil Invitation Printing
If you want to your invitations to really get noticed, go with foil invitation printing. Print foil invitations to set the tone of your event. Add copper, gold, or silver foil accents to make your weddings, bar mitzvahs, birthdays, fundraisers, and other social occasions special. Whatever your occasion is, foil invitation printing will surely boost the elegance and style factor of your big day.
Different Sizes for Different Celebrations
Choosing the perfect size for your metallic invitation printing need not be a daunting task.
Here’s an easy guide to help you get started:
- 4" x 6" and 4.25" x 6" sizes. These regular-sizes invitations are popular for birthday invitations, graduation invitations, and christenings. They also work great as save-the-date announcements and bridal shower invitations.
- 4.25" x 5.5" size. More commonly known as A2 flat cards, these are perfect for RSVP postcards, response cards, small announcements, and invitation inserts.
- 5" x 7" size. This larger size is ideal for special events such as weddings, achievement awards, corporate functions, and other milestone celebrations.
Materials That Make an Impact
Two cardstocks are available so you have more freedom to create the perfect foil printing invitations for your big day:
14 pt. Cardstock – This thick and sturdy cardstock comes uncoated, so you can write on the surface easily. The uncoated finish also means the ink color print may appear less saturated.
16 pt. C2S Cover Stock – This heavy-duty stock is thicker and has a premium feel to it. This cardstock can take on spot UV coating and rounded corners.
Finishes That Impress
The finish you choose can make or break your foil invitation printing. Check out how each finish can help your invitations shine brighter.
- Uncoated. It simply means your cardstock has no extra coating so your foil design will contrast well with it. This gives off an elegant and high end finish. (only available for 14 pt. Cardstock.)
- Silk Laminate. This is the coating for 16 pt. C2S cover stock. It has a dull and luxurious silky feel to it. The laminate makes your substrate stronger and water-resistant.
- Spot UV – For the brightest shine, use this coating and foil accents on top of your silk laminate finish. Your colors will look more brilliant, and the added texture makes it more interesting.
Tip: Make sure you have a 1/16” gap between foil and spot UV designs as these two cannot overlap.
Print foil invitations with us for an easy, breezy experience. Just upload your artwork to our website or use our available templates to create the perfect foil invitations that will make the biggest impact.
What do you mean by “bleed”?
“Bleed” is a printing term that refers to how much your image needs to extend beyond the trim edge of the paper. This is to ensure your design will not be accidentally cut off. You need an additional 1/8” on all the sides of your foil invitation design.
For example, if you are going to choose a 4" x 6" foil invitations, your design’s image size should be at 4.25” x 6.25”.
What is “spot UV”?
This is a clear coat in the shape of your design that is applied over a specific area of your invitation. It also adds texture and makes the ink colors more vivid for the best shine.
Is shipping time the same as printing turnaround?
No. The turnaround time refers to the number of days needed for us to produce your order. This does not include holidays and weekends. Shipping time starts when your order is ready for shipping.