Outdoor Signs Built to Last and Endure Harsh Weather
Want to be the sign customers see whether they’re at a trade show, driving down a main road, or passing through a neighborhood? At PrintPlace, you can create durable outdoor signs such as real estate signs, feather flags, vinyl banners, and more. All are made of materials that last for years, even in extreme weather. Your message looks good as new, no matter how long it’s been on display.
Choosing the Best Material for Your Outdoor Signs and Banners
Your real estate or property signs need to visible as your potential customer drives along. It also needs to withstand whatever weather comes through, in case you’re managing several areas at a time. Choose from three durable materials that keep your promotional messages as if they’re fresh from the printer:
- Rust-free aluminum lasts up to five years. Choose the appearance of your message in reflective gloss or elegant matte.
- Reflective aluminum stands out from afar in a vibrant gloss lamination. Carries the same durability as rust-free type.
- Corrugated plastic is waterproof and UV-printed for extra protection.
Whether you need a quick step and repeat banner for an event, a vinyl banner to display in public areas, or a retractable banner for your next conference, choose from the following vinyl materials for your outdoor banner printing needs:
- 15 oz vinyl is recommended for long-term outdoor use that lasts up to five years. It can also withstand temperatures below -4°F.
- 13 oz vinyl lasts from three to five years. It is resistant to strong winds and temperatures below -22°F.
Both feather and teardrop flags are made of 4 oz. polyester fabric that can withstand the strongest winds.
Set Up Your Outdoor Business Signs in Minutes
The vinyl banners, property and parking signs come with a pole pocket that lets you hang the banner from above or grommets to slip ropes through for a secure hold.
Step and repeat and retractable banners come with bases and support poles for you to easily put it together in minutes.
Retractable banners come with a nylon carrying case for easy transport.
Add any of the following base attachments to ensure your outdoor flags stay in place:
- Ground Spike - Best for outdoor use, particularly for locations that have softer surfaces like sand or grass.
- Cross Base – Ground your flag on flat, hard surfaces like cement sidewalks.
- Cross Base and Water Weight Bag - This combination keeps your teardrop flag stable in indoor and outdoor locations.
- Water Bag – A donut-shaped bag used with the cross base as weight for added stability for feather flags.
How to Order Your Outdoor Signs and Flags
It’s easy to order then create custom outdoor signs on PrintPlace.
- Select a standard size from the ones available.
- Indicate your desired quantity for the order.
- Choose your preferred material if multiple options are available.
- Select a base attachment or your preferred treatments for displaying the sign.
- Download a template from the Layout templates tab to create your design or use the online design tool to see your artwork in real time.
Have any questions? Talk to any of our print experts for any questions you may have about the product or process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long will the outdoor signs last once put on display? A:
Both aluminum and corrugated plastic can last up to five years. Both materials are also UV-resistant and waterproof, so they can withstand the wear and tear from other outdoor elements. Q: Which is the best treatment for my outdoor banner? A:
Your choice of treatment will depend on how you plan to assemble it.
Step and repeat banners can be ordered with a stand. If you plan on ordering the banner only, you can hang it with either:
- Pole pockets are ideal for hanging from above or if you need it secured at the bottom with a pole.
- Grommets place holds surrounded with a metal ring, where you can have ropes slide through for a stronger hold.
Both reinforcements are available also for vinyl banners, but this banner type also has hemming to reinforce the side of the banner. You can add hemming with the grommets
to strengthen vinyl banners when displayed outdoors. Q: What is the advantage of reinforcing the edges of the banner? A:
Reinforcing the edge of the banner keeps the display’s quality and prevents the sides from breaking as it is pulled from the different edges. Q: Do the banners come with accessories to help me set it up for display? A:
Step and repeat and retractable banners come with supporting poles and bases that put your outdoor sign in place. You can easily assemble the banner with these accessories in a few easy steps. Q: What is the difference among the vinyl materials available for outdoor banners? A:
Q: Can I print on both sides? A:
- 15 oz. vinyl is the strongest material available. Its smooth surface makes it suitable for close viewing.
- 13 oz. vinyl is the more affordable option. It has a matte finish for easy readability.
- 9 oz. mesh vinyl is best for windy environments because of its tear-resistant nature. Available for vinyl banners only.
Yes, you can print on both sides for all products listed here except for the plastic A-frame signs and retractable banners.
Free Downloadable Print Templates
Our print geeks have put together these free, ready-to-print templates you can use for your business. You can add your logo, change the text, and we’ll get it printed and on its way to you.
For more ready-to-print designs, visit our Print Templates page