Save the Date Postcards Your Guests Will Want to Keep
Create stylish and elegant save the date postcards your guests will want to display on their fridge or wall. Whether you wish to emphasize the date with glossy letters or add an engagement shoot photo, you can easily design a postcard on PrintPlace.
1. Choose a size that matches your delivery method and design.
Here are some of the ways you can get started.
Are you mailing out the wedding save the date postcards or handing them out personally?
USPS requires a specific size for mailing postcards, so we recommend creating a design that qualifies for First-Class deliveries:
- Minimum: 5" wide x 3.5" tall
- Maximum: 6" wide x 4.25" tall
If you're creating a save the date card for another occasion, like a special sale or event, the EDDM® method lets you target a specific geographic area. 2. Plan a design based on a special finish.
Your postcard has to make a good impression and be worth displaying for guests to remember the big date.
PrintPlace offers a variety of special finishes to match any level of luxury of elegance in your postcard design:
3. Download any of our templates.
- Silk postcards that are as smooth and as lavish as its namesake. Spot UV feature can be added on the date or your names to complement the silk background.
- Metallic, velvet, and folded postcard designs for a more glamorous design. The metallic finish can be applied on specific areas you want to highlight. Velvet works best for an image or text printed in glossy spot UV.
Select the Layout Templates tab on the product page to download a file in any of the following formats:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Microsoft Publisher
- JPG format
4. Select a cardstock that will last until the big day.
It’s best to print that save the date postcard on sturdy cardstock that will hold until the wedding itself. We recommend the following options:
- 14 pt. cardstock is lightweight enough to carry around and keep until it’s displayed on the refrigerator.
- 16 pt. cardstock is slightly thicker than the 14 pt. version. Its increased rigidity protects it from creases and folds.
- 17 pt. cardstock is a little thicker than the 16 pt. Both sides are uncoated, which means you can write a personalized message on either side.
5. Emphasize important details.
The date isn’t the only detail to keep in mind on your postcard. You can add spot UV to brighten your photo or highlight your names with a metallic design.
6. Talk to any of our print experts.
Have any specific questions about creating the ultimate wedding save the date postcard? Our print experts are available online or through the phone to answer your queries. Hit the live chat button or call us at 877-405-3949.
Save the Date Postcard FAQs
Q: What is the best size for a postcard?
A: The 4” x 6” and 5” x 7” postcards are the standard, especially if they will be sent through the mail
If you want to stand out and be seen even from afar, you can also print postcards in these larger sizes:
- 6” x 11” has a longer width that works best for save the date postcards with images as the background.
- 6” x 9” is slightly larger than the 5” x 7”, which gives more room for longer text and several visual elements.
Q: How can I send out my save the date postcards to a large number of people?
A: We recommend selecting the Mailing Services on the online calculator. You’ll be asked to upload a mailing list with the addresses of your recipients.
Q: What is the best postcard material for mailing?
A: The 16 pt. cardstock is recommended for save the date postcards that will be sent through the mail or go through several handouts. Its added thickness and rigidity ensure it stays flat and crease-free upon arrival.
Q: How can I avail of cheap save the date postcards on PrintPlace?
A: If you order a larger quantity, you pay a lower price for each postcard piece. We recommend purchasing a higher quantity of postcards to ensure all guests receive your message and you pay less for the same quality. A smaller quantity forces you to pay more for each postcard.
Q: Why should I choose PrintPlace over other save the date postcard printers?
A: PrintPlace has a team of printing experts to help you every step of the way. From answering your queries about product features to ensuring your order is received within the expected delivery time, you can call our experts at 877-405-3949 or chat with them live on the site.