Published on June 26th, 2008 | by PrintPlace19
5 Benefits of Business Cards
Although they have been around forever, business cards are still some of the most powerful advertising and marketing weapons available to the small business owner. Let’s go over some of the things that make business cards so effective.
1. They are cheap Business card printing is not expensive. For a small business with budget constraints, business cards are perhaps the most cost effective option available. Of course, finding the right commercial printer to handle your business card printing is important. Unless it is absolutely necessary, you should not print your own cards on your own printer. That just does not produce the kind of quality that you get from a reputable commercial printer.
2. They pack quite a punch Despite their small size, business cards can include a great deal of information. You can put more than just your contact information on a business card. You can put some advertising material, or even offer a deal or coupon. Be careful not to include too much information on your cards, though. You don’t want to overwhelm the recipients.
3. They are convenient – for you and the customers Although they are the only advertising tool that customers actually keep, they are not annoying. They are small enough for the reader to keep them in a wallet or purse without overcrowding it. Many people even have special containers or binders in which they keep business cards for later reference.
4. They never stop working Unlike a radio or television ad that only lasts for about 30 seconds, a business card stays with the customer. Every time that customer looks at your business card, he or she is reminded of your company. And every time that happens, the chances of that customer using your services increase exponentially.
5. They work When it comes to business cards, the bottom line is that they work. Businesses continue to hand them out because they continue to bring in more customers each and every year. As with every advertising tool, however, it is important to plan adequately. You have to include the right information (and the right amount of information) on your cards, and you have to get them into the hands of the right people.
If you do those things sufficiently, though, they can be tremendously effective for you. Business cards are cheap yet effective tools for your business. When you plan your marketing strategy, do not neglect the power of the little business card. They may be old, and they may be small, but they work. They can increase your revenue, which is exactly the point of any advertising, right? And with the small costs involved, there really is no reason to ignore business cards as a marketing tool.