Business Card Printing That Boosts a Customer's First Impression
Business card printing is crucial for networking with potential clients and customers, whether you choose a standard style or create custom cards. They are an essential, tangible tool to deliver brand and contact information. These also establish and strengthen the impression you make at every meeting.
A Professional's First Choice
Choose from two premium materials that are the default choice for business cards.
14 pt. Cardstock Uncoated
- An economical option that’s best for large quantities
- Fits easily into cardholders; easy to carry & hand out
- Uncoated feature suits colors meant to look less saturated
- A slightly textured surface allows for writability and an elegant touch to your design
14 pt. Cardstock Uncoated Back
- Has a slightly rigid feel & does not bend easily
- Writable side for jotting notes & other details
- Emphasize your company name, logo, and contact details with a gloss, high gloss UV or matte front
- Colors appear less saturated on the back side, perfect for designs with light palettes
14 pt. Cardstock
- The most popular choice for business cards
- A good balance between price & durability
- Comes with a protective matte, gloss, or high gloss UV coating for double-sided business cards
16 pt. Cardstock
- The professional choice for companies targeting high-end clients
- Slightly thicker than the standard 14 pt. cardstock
- Choose gloss coating to make every color pop or matte to create a soft, muted look
- Less likely to bend or crease when handed out or stored in wallets
If you're still unsure about which option to choose, read our comprehensive guide on the different paper materials and coatings available.
Look Extra Brilliant or Engage Your Audience in Elegance
You can choose from three protective coatings, depending on your cardstock selection:
Matte is the go-to choice of pastel or light-colored designs. Colors come out muted for a look that’s easy on the eyes.
Gloss is perfect for bold and bright color combinations. The reflective shine lets your business card pop even from afar.
High gloss UV takes the shine a level up. Colors come out extra vivid for a premium appearance. You can add this on one or both sides to highlight details or complement the shiny front with a writable back.
From Daring to Definitive Dimensions
We offer the standard size for business cards, along with other distinct dimensions.
informative guide on the standard business card sizes in other countries.
If you’re curious, check out our
- 2” x 3.5” or the US standard business card size easily fits in most wallets and card holders.
- 2.5” x 2.5” or square size is slightly wider and taller than the standard. Its unique shape instantly distinguishes your company in a stack of business cards.
- 1.75” x 3.5” or slim is a little thinner than the standard but fits inside a standard business card holder.
Follow the Right Lines
It’s important to include the following guidelines around your business card design. These portions ensure no part of the design is cut and every aspect is showcased after you print standard business cards.
- Safety line surrounds the entire business card design. It should border all the relevant information & main parts of your card.
- Bleed line refers to the ends of the whole file. Make sure the design’s background color reaches here.
- Trim area provides an allowance between the safety line and bleed line. This prevents any cutting errors on the printer’s part.
If you’re not confident about measuring these guidelines, you can download our available business card layout templates. These already contain the above guidelines to prevent any design or cutting errors.
Get a head start making a big impression. Order business cards with PrintPlace today and our experts will help you every step of the way. You can also add shrink wrapping for extra protection during shipping.
Custom Business Cards FAQs
What are some crucial questions to ask before I create my business card?
If you’re still unsure how to approach designing your business card, ask yourself the following questions:
- What kind of image do I want to convey?
- Who is my target market/clientele?
- What is the most important part of the card?
- How do I want my card to stand out?
Which material is recommended for double sided printing?
Both the 14 pt. and 16 pt. cardstock are thick enough to showcase relevant information and company designs on both sides of your card. The 16 pt. cardstock is much thicker and is used by companies and individuals who really want their cards to stand out.
When can I expect my standard business card order?
Our standard business cards can be printed within the same day of your order or on the next business day depending on your deadline. The order will then be shipped after your preferred turnaround time.