Inexpensive Marketing Ideas with Printed Business Cards
For small business owners, it is easy to get distracted with complicated and expensive marketing and advertising campaigns. Business card printing is still one of the most effective and inexpensive ways to expose potential customers to your company. This article discusses the information you should put on a business card and ways that you can quickly and effectively use business cards to get the word out about your company.
Business card basics
One of the reasons that business cards can be so inexpensive is that they can be ordered in bulk. If you think 1000 or more business cards is far too many, you’ll think again after reading this article. Business card printing averages only a few cents per card, in most cases. But this is only true if ordered in bulk.
Before you order your bulk business card printing project, consider the importance of business card design. Imagine a potential customer sees your business card, but does not know what your company actually does. Worse, what if you forgot an important method of communication, like a phone number. Here are the most basic elements that every business card should have:
- Your company name
- Your name
- Your title
- The company logo
- A short tagline explaining your business
- E-mail address
- Phone number
You can also include pieces of information, such as a fax line, website, a cell phone number if you travel a lot.
Business card marketing
Now that you have your box of 1000 business cards in hand, here are just a few ways you can get the word out about your company quickly.
- Give your friends and family a handful of business cards to hand out for you
- Hand out your business card to everyone you run into throughout your day
- Put 3-5 business cards on bulletin boards around town in stores
- Include business cards in any correspondence you send to customers
- Leave notes for potential customers on the back of your business card
- Put something useful like the local high school football schedule on the back of the card
- If you have vendors, make sure to give them a card and ask them to consider you
Hopefully, you are getting the idea that there are lots of ways to use business cards to market your company. Once you get used to putting your business card everywhere, you may order a lot more than 1000 the next time you put in a bulk business card printing order!